Ensuring fair access to the polls is not partisan. Full stop.
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of over 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
America Votes is seeking a talented leader with a record of success in coalition building, electoral campaigns, and issue campaigns. The New Hampshire State Director is primarily responsible for leading and supporting state, national, and local America Votes partner organizations in the development and execution of a coordinated plan that maximizes the priorities, resources, and effectiveness of all partners. The New Hampshire State Director will ensure short-term programs and elections advance the shared long-term vision for progressive change in New Hampshire, including growing the coalition as needed to achieve those goals, and will be expected to act with appropriate discretion and respect for confidentiality requirements. The New Hampshire State Director reports to the National Field Director of America Votes.
This position is based in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Work with America Votes partner organizations to design overall statewide voter education and outreach plans based on achieving long-term priorities developed by in-state partner organizations and stakeholders. Evaluate and report to stakeholder’s partner program outcomes and monitor progress toward goals.
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings of America Votes partner organizations to create, negotiate and share plans, and progress towards state goals, as well as to identify problems and new opportunities; adjust plans accordingly. Facilitate a collaborative and productive state coalition environment.
- Work with America Votes national development team to identify in-state funding opportunities to support America Votes operations and partner-lead programs tied to the state plan.
- Manage state staff of America Votes including development of work plans, professional development, and ongoing supervision and support.
- Develop and implement ongoing programs and legislative advocacy related to election modernization in collaboration with voting rights organizations and advocates.
- Provide, or provide for, technical assistance to increase capacity and impact in grassroots advocacy, education and mobilization efforts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Work well with people from diverse backgrounds. Experience working in communities of color, LGBTQ, or other underrepresented communities preferred.
- Demonstrated expert level ability to exercise excellent political judgement and discretion.
- Applicants must have demonstrated ability to negotiate, build consensus and strategically disagree. Must be respected by progressive stakeholders and be trusted to lead.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team environment as well as independently. Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, time-management, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships.
- Applicants must be a self-starter; be willing to work long and irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Excellent writing and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and leading coalitions with multi-issue agendas.
- Work well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize and handle variety of projects simultaneously.
- Candidates with field program management, staff management, basic data and targeting understanding, and an understanding of the legislative process preferred. Ability to write, evaluate, and execute winning campaign plans with a strong field component required.
- Experience with IE campaigns and VAN preferred.
- Candidates with knowledge or background in New Hampshire politics and organizations preferred.
- Applicants ideally have a mix of both electoral or advocacy campaign experience and organizing skills. Successful management or participation in a coalition environment preferred.
- Experience working with both grasstops and grassroots leaders required.
- Experience with digital programs, new voter contact technologies, and program testing and evaluation a plus.
- Ideal candidates will have a spirit of service and a sense of humor.
Salary is commensurate with experience $70k-$78k. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401k.
Please send in a copy of your resume, a cover letter, salary requirements, and three references to https://jobs.enlist.io/america_votes/jobs/438e9a27-d5c7-4c10-adbe-475c360a1d48. Position posted until filled.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer.
Prison gerrymandering is yet another form of gerrymandering and a type of suppression that unfairly influences whic… https://t.co/GxXuHF1K79