Tune in TODAY for our first Facebook Live event at 1:00! You won't want to miss our New Hampshire State Director discussing the disastrous voting rollbacks in New Hampshire! Find it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1299717226763051/
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. America Votes’ coalition partners advocate for a broad range of issues including, but not limited to, environmental protection, public education, human and civil rights, women’s choice and labor. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.AmericaVotes.org.
America Votes Nevada is seeking a well-organized, self-starter for a full-time position as the Program & Field Director. The Program & Field Director will be the keeper and coordinator of some of the most exciting progressive electoral and policy work taking place in a battleground state. The position will work directly with the America Votes team, as well as dozens of progressive partners across the state as they plan and execute electoral and issue campaigns, and will be expected to act with appropriate discretion and respect for confidentiality requirements. This position reports to the Nevada State Director.
Based in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Strategic planning assistance – support coalition partners through the development of campaign plans (electoral and issue campaigns), providing technical and organizing assistance, and responding to programmatic requests.
- Support coalition coordination by tracking organizational programs, monitoring benchmarks, providing technical assistance, and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Organize and facilitate coordinated and/or collaborative partner events, including coalition meetings, trainings and direct voter contact activities.
- Develop capacity building opportunities for partners and work directly with the state director and data manager to assess program gaps and overlaps to maximize program impact.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance contact programs. This includes assisting partners in employing best practices.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Applicants must have demonstrated ability to negotiate, build consensus and strategically disagree. Must be respected by progressive stakeholders and be trusted to lead.
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and to cultivate those relationships over the long-term.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively by making and meeting team goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Excellent writing and presentation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills, strong writing skills are must.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Ideal candidates will have 4-5 years of experience in progressive political campaigns or similar organizations.
- Candidates should have a spirit of service and curiosity along with a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving in work with outside partners and while working internally, independently or on a team.
- Sense of humor.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities.
- Experience facilitating and working in coalitions.
- Knowledge of Nevada political landscape and/or Independent Expenditure political campaigns.
- Speak Spanish or language(s) of the AAPI community.
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills and familiarity with digital campaign technology.
- Fundraising experience.
Salary is commensurate with experience $50,000 – $55,000. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401K.
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include “NV Program & Field Director” in the subject line.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer
Packing, cracking, and GOP advantage the @AP covers it all here: https://t.co/4K2v8QPNK8