Tune in TODAY for our first Facebook Live event at 1:00! You won't want to miss our New Hampshire State Director discussing the disastrous voting rollbacks in New Hampshire! Find it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1299717226763051/
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
America Votes seeks an experienced individual for the full-time position of Nevada Data Manager. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, data and targeting services. We seek an experienced individual with a combination of technical and political skills to manage these services and work with state partner groups. The Data Manager will report to the State Director.
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Work with AV partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support, enhance, and execute programs. This includes assisting partners in employing best practices for program implementation, as well as converting technical data to actionable electoral campaign recommendations.
- Lead America Votes- Nevada data analysis and coordination efforts, and provide strategic data-driven recommendations to partners on field and targeting.
- Work with consultants and other AV staff responsible for the acquisition, enhancement, manipulation and management of voter and member data.
- Manage voter file access for AV partner organizations and their consultants. This includes administration and security, training end-users and providing technical assistance as needed.
- Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment database, virtual predictive dialer, web based programs and text messaging programs.
- Work with other AV staff and partner groups to ensure that political and voter contact programs are maximizing shared voter file, targeting, and other data resources. This includes supporting AV staff and partner groups to develop campaign plans.
- Make recommendations and provide strategic insight to support regarding ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates should have an understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least two cycles of experience using data for program development in candidate or issue-based campaigns.
- Strong VAN skills are required; familiarity with other online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills are required; other data organization and presentation tools a plus.
- Additional knowledge of other software for mapping (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.), reporting (Periscope, Tableau, etc.), and data management (Access, SQL, etc.) is a plus.
- Candidates must have a willingness and aptitude to seek out and learn new technical skills that will further the mission of the AV table and assist in presenting data to partners in an accessible manner.
- Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving while working independently or on a team, as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long irregular “campaign-style” hours and to travel as needed, especially during campaign season. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Ability to travel throughout the state when necessary.
- Experience with digital campaigns and new voter contact technologies a plus.
- Knowledge of the NV political landscape and progressive organizations a plus.
- Two to three years field experience in a staff capacity and understand the importance of the best practices surrounding the use of data for campaign targeting and electoral programs preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience $48,000 – $52,000. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401K.
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include “NV Data Manager” in the subject line.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer.
We need to fix our broken democracy. An updated #VotingRightsAct is a necessity. https://t.co/Y8kApQ2Nce