Tune in TODAY for our first Facebook Live event at 1:00! You won't want to miss our New Hampshire State Director discussing the disastrous voting rollbacks in New Hampshire! Find it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1299717226763051/
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
America Votes is seeking an experienced individual with a combination of technical and political skills to manage the staff, technical systems, vendors and long term planning of the Data and Targeting Department. The Data and Targeting Director will work internally across departments, with AV staff across the 21 state network and externally with national partner groups. This is a full time position and reports to the Political Director.
- Management of National Data and Targeting Manager and other data and analytics staff members.
- Oversight of all data systems to ensure full operating capacity including voter file pipeline, enhancements, quality control, providing technical assistance for partner organizations and overseeing America Votes’ relationships with outside vendors.
- Serve as America Votes’ liaison for partner special projects, including modeling and experiments.
- Provide guidance and development to a team of state data directors in their effort to implement state plans, provide voter file access and assistance to state partners and their programs.
- Work with the America Votes Political and Field Department to leverage data towards designing, implementing and evaluating issue and electoral campaigns:
- Run queries to perform counts; manipulation & representation of voter, membership, volunteer, demographic or other data;
- Administer America Votes voter contact reporting dashboard and generating regular reports and other visualizations of work as needed;
- Assist in designing experiments that aid in developing best practices around resource deployment;
- Consolidate data such as NCEC, models, election results and demographics from a variety of sources to build post-election reports and aid in long-term planning.
- Provide strategic programmatic guidance and recommendations.
- Drive long-term planning for America Votes’ data operation by working with an inter-organizational project team and partner organizations to build long-term solutions that meet national and state-level needs.
- Convene partner and AV state data staff around sharing best practices, new innovations in data and tools, and building a pipeline for developing new, diverse data personnel within the progressive community;
- Generate a set of community-tested best practices in voter contact including research, field and digital;
- Build training opportunities and curricula for AV data and program staff;
- Develop and maintain an America Votes resource library for model products, reports, presentations and other materials useful to AV, national and state partners.
- Candidates must enjoy working with a wide array of skill levels in data and working across departments to strategize, plan and problem solve.
- Candidates should have a spirit of service and curiosity along with a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving in work with outside partners and while working internally, independently or on a team.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to manage, support and develop staff.
- Candidates should have an understanding of and experience with direct voter contact programs as well as experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making.
- Candidates should have the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively, be a self-starter and willing to work long irregular ‘campaign-style’ hours and travel as needed.
- Candidates must possess strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills required and familiarity with online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Candidates must possess in-depth knowledge of voter files, including enhancement and manipulation of raw files.
- Candidates must possess strong Excel skills and experience administering relational databases.
- Candidates should have the ability to produce consumer friendly reports and visual depictions of data.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in advanced statistical packages, such as R or Stata as well as programming languages, such as Python or Ruby.
Salary is commensurate with experience: $95k – $105k. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401K.
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include “National Data and Targeting Director” in the subject line.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer.
RT @AriBerman: Sunday is 4th anniversary of Supreme Court decision gutting Voting Rights Act. Here’s what’s happened since then https://t.c…