RT @communitychange: @lorellapraeli @GreciaLima @DariaCharlei @AmericaVotes "Elections are one tool in the toolbox. It's one tool that help…
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. America Votes’ coalition partners advocate for a broad range of issues including, but not limited to, environmental protection, public education, human and civil rights, women’s choice and labor. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.AmericaVotes.org.
America Votes is seeks a talented self-starter for the full-time position of National Communications Assistant. The National Communications Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the implementation and content creation of a strategic internal and external communications plan for America Votes, including developing online, social media and new media campaigns, and event planning for the annual America Votes State Summit. The National Communications Assistant will manage the day-to-day programmatic and administrative functions of the communications department. The National Communications Assistant will report to the National Communications Director.
- Assist with the implementation of a strategic communications plan
- Draft press releases, statements, op-eds, e-blasts, letters to the editor, talking points, and memos
- Develop online and social media strategies to increase the brand of America Votes, its staff and progressive issues
- Create and edit internal and external products, blast emails, memos and PowerPoints
- Track press coverage nationally and for America Votes teams in-states and distribute press clips
- Monitor the news cycle and identify opportunities for community and media engagement
- Develop social media campaigns, including creating digital ads, infographics, memes, and gifs
- Provide support and coordination for the Communications Department, including maintaining the editorial and social media calendar, pitch lists, and story collection
- Build and maintain national and in-state press lists
- Update and maintain the America Votes website
- Track analytics for America Votes external communications including website traffic, social media engagement and emails
- Manage event planning for annual America Votes State Summit and assist with branding
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, English, political science or a related field
- 1 – 2 years of work experience (strong internships can be used toward work experience)
- Familiarity of the national media landscape
- Familiarity with graphic design software including InDesign, Photoshop, or Canva
- Familiarity with Google analytics and SEO is a plus.
- Strong research skills
- Knows how to use AP style, despises the Oxford comma, and experiencing editing documents
- Self-proclaimed “news junkie” who reads mainstream and alternative publications, and has strong news judgment
- Experience using WordPress or a similar content management system
- Experience managing an individual’s, organization’s or cause’s official social media accounts
- Experience creating social media campaigns and digital organizing
- Previous experience in journalism or electoral/issue campaigns is a plus
- Experience using blogging platform, such as Medium, is a plus.
- Experience with A/B testing is a plus
- Good sense of humor, and understands appropriate levels of social media snark
- Experience working with and in communities of color is preferred
This an entry-level position. Salary ranges from $38,000-$42,000 and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a 401K.
Please submit a copy of your resume, a brief 300 word maximum description of your favorite social media campaign, and two examples of graphic design skills to https://jobs.enlist.io/america_votes/jobs/9fcbecf5-f172-46dc-ba76-4361a42c0214
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Ready to join a team working to turn out voters and protect democracy in 2024? Apply to be an America Votes intern in the spring! Read more and apply here: https://t.co/MxvWen66cl https://t.co/RY6GOAdNIP