Tune in TODAY for our first Facebook Live event at 1:00! You won't want to miss our New Hampshire State Director discussing the disastrous voting rollbacks in New Hampshire! Find it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1299717226763051/
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
America Votes is seeking a talented staff and program manager with a record of success managing electoral and issue campaigns to serve as the Deputy Field Director. The Deputy Field Director will work directly with the National Field Director to support the America Votes state staff and operations. The Deputy Field Director will have a role in managing the creation of and implementation of AV’s electoral and issue campaigns, as well as special projects. The Deputy Field Director will provide direct support to the National Field Director and state staff as well as other departments as necessary.
The Deputy Field Director reports directly to the National Field Director.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Work with the National Field Director to foster the growth, sustainability, and effectiveness of existing and emerging state coalitions, including supporting the management of state work and managing state teams.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of state coalition operations and programs that includes current cross-state products that deliver state intelligence and plans to a national political audience.
- Provide direct guidance, support and oversight to state coalition directors and other state staff in constructing campaign plans, including the drafting of the campaign budgets, work plans and overall timeline.
- Work with department and other appropriate staff to develop year-round work plans and regular reporting mechanisms for assigned field staff.
- Identify opportunities for cross-state learning among state coalition directors on best practices.
- Work with the National Field Director to identify and maintain a suite of professional development and training opportunities for state coalition directors, state coalition staff and state coalition
- Lead the development and implementation of special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works well with people from diverse backgrounds. Experience working with communities of color preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise excellent political judgment and discretion.
- Experience with electoral plan writing, targeting, modeling, and management of field programs.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and material presentation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Moderate to expert level skill with Microsoft Excel or other data management and presentation systems like Power Point or Prezi.
- Ability to work with leaders, members and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and keep track of the details in a rapid paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability in managing and leading coalitions with multi-issue agendas.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Knowledge of progressive organizations and their political and organizing operations is a plus.
- Experience managing senior level staffers preferred.
- Experience with IE campaigns and VAN preferred.
- Experience with digital campaigns and new campaign technology preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience $65K-$70K. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401k.
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include “Deputy Field Director” in the subject line. Posted until filled.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. America Vote is an equal opportunity employer.
RT @AriBerman: Sunday is 4th anniversary of Supreme Court decision gutting Voting Rights Act. Here’s what’s happened since then https://t.c…