Support for restoring voting rights to felons who've served their time in Florida spans all demographics and ideologies: http://www.npr.org/2017/10/21/558127043/in-florida-felons-want-their-voting-rights-restored-automatically
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. America Votes’ coalition partners advocate for a broad range of issues including, but not limited to, environmental protection, public education, human and civil rights, women’s choice and labor. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.AmericaVotes.org.
The Colorado Program Director plays a key role in the advancement of the progressive movement in the state, responsible for the year-round coordination and alignment of electoral, organizing, advocacy and policy work among partners and allies. The position works directly with the America Votes team in Colorado, as well as dozens of progressive partners and allies with the state’s progressive movement. This position reports directly to the Colorado State Director.
Based in Denver, Colorado
- Strategic planning – supporting coalition partners and allies through the development of campaign plans (electoral, accountability, issue advocacy, and voting rights campaigns), providing technical and organizing assistance, responding to programmatic requests and participating actively in long-range strategic planning for the Colorado progressive movement.
- Support coalition coordination by tracking organizational programs, monitoring benchmarks and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Organize and facilitate coordinated and/or collaborative partner events, including coalition meetings and trainings.
- Develop capacity building opportunities for partners and work directly with the State Director and Data Director to assess program gaps and overlaps to maximize program impact.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance issue advocacy and voter contact programs, including assistance in employing best practices.
- Conduct state-based research to track candidates, expenditures, campaigns, ballot measures and other entities as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed by partners and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, negotiate, and strategically disagree within a highly collaborative work environment; ability to be respected by progressive stakeholders, to be trusted to lead and to be able to practice confidentiality, discretion and legal compliance in the work.
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and allies and to cultivate those relationships over the long term; experience facilitating and working within broad and diverse coalitions.
- Ideal candidates will have 4-5 years of experience in progressive political campaigns, progressive non-profits (with an organizing focus) or within similar entities.
- Experience working with underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities, particularly in political and organizing settings.
- Ability to work independently and to drive and manage own workload; ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively by making and meeting team goals.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation and time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to travel within the state (as needed); ability to work sometimes long, irregular hours, especially during the peak months of the electoral cycle.
- Sense of humor and team-oriented attitude appreciated.
- Knowledge of and experience with Colorado political landscape and/or independent expenditure political campaigns.
- Experience or training in race equity/anti-racist frameworks; a general understanding of how power intersects with gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and class in organizing and electoral settings.
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills and familiarity with digital campaign technology.
Salary is commensurate with experience but ranges from $50,000 – $55,000. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401K.
Please attach a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to http://jobs.enlist.io/america_votes/jobs/2941f591-114e-40be-acf5-a43f6973a163
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse work environment. Candidates of color and of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. America Vote is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to help elect #progressive candidates? Look no further - we're hiring a development manager! Find out more: https://t.co/w0jJSVUvfz