From Michigan to Wisconsin and beyond, America Votes partner organizations like Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin and For Our Future WI are working from the ground up to engage communities on the issues that matter most to them. Learn more.
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of more than 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
As a leading progressive organization, America Votes is committed to help mentor the rising stars of the progressive movement. Interns for America Votes will be heavily involved with the day-to-day operations and will learn who America Votes is and how we operate. Our goal is to recruit smart, hardworking interns that will be able to manage in a small, fast paced organization.
- Researching election laws at both the state and national level
- Tracking major electoral races
- Working on various state-based projects on voting rights and election laws
- Using sound news judgement to keep up with America Votes and our partners in the news
- Creating content for and managing America Votes’ various social media platforms
- Developing social media campaigns and graphics for America Votes projects and initiatives
- Drafting and editing press releases, media advisories, media briefing and other communications products
- Researching including legislation, press targets and various other assignments
- Copy editing and formatting internal and external products
In addition to learning new skills and concepts you will get to see how America Votes and other progressive organizations operate both nationally and at the state level. America Votes interns will have the opportunity to network and meet interns from our partner organizations throughout the program! The America Votes Internship Program promises to provide you with more than just the normal “9 a.m. – 6 p.m.” experience. You will have the opportunity to:
NETWORK WITH OUR PARTNERS’ INTERNS
PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
All applicants who are interested in the internship at America Votes need to submit resume, cover letter and references addressed to Caitlin Opperman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are ongoing. If accepted into the America Votes Internship Program, you will be asked to work 20 hours a week between the hours 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. The internship has a stipend. College credit available if applicable.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
RT @SierraKC_: As advocate for voting rights and a proud employee of @AmericaVotes I couldn’t end the day w/o reminding everyone to registe…