In Florida, a proposed constitutional amendment would automatically restore voting rights to former felons goo.gl/HXidSH
America Votes works across the country with over 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, expand access to the ballot, coordinate issue advocacy and election campaigns, and protect every American’s right to vote. America Votes has built a permanent advocacy and campaign infrastructure that provides coordination, data and targeting services to progressive organizations. Groups that are part of America Votes work on a broad range of issues including environmental protection, public education, human and civil rights, women’s rights, choice and labor. America Votes’ strong progressive infrastructure supports our coalition partners’ advocacy efforts and voter outreach.
For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.AmericaVotes.org.
America Votes seeks an enthusiastic individual for the full-time 2016 cycle-based Assistant State Data Manager consulting position in Wisconsin. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, data and targeting services. We seek people with a combination of field, technical and political skills to provide expertise and support to our state partners in the delivery of these services.
Milwaukee or Madison, Wisconsin
- Work closely with the state data manager to provide data-driven strategic and programmatic guidance to state partners.
- Manage and coordinate in state data management needs for partner organizations.
- Manage voter file access and administration for partner organizations in state including existing and new partners.
- Develop program and tool training programs for delivery directly to partner organizations.
- Manage and enhance organization specific volunteer recruitment databases, virtual predictive dialers, and other web based programs and information.
- Work with other AV staff and partner groups to ensure that programs are maximizing shared voter file, targeting, and other data resources.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates should have an understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least one cycle of experience in the use of data in candidate or issue-base campaigns.
- Strong VAN skills are required; familiarity with other online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Strong Excel skills are required, as is willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills.
- Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving while working independently or on a team, as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long irregular ‘campaign-style’ hours and to travel as needed, especially during campaign season. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate discretion and good judgment
- Field experiences in a volunteer or staff capacity a plus.
- One cycle of in state experience preferred.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three references to email@example.com. Include “WI Data Assistant” in the subject line.
This position is open to be filled immediately.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer.
ICYMI: #TX attempting to enforce voter ID law that federal courts struck down as discriminating against minorities https://t.co/PRvSKFMLpK