In Florida, a proposed constitutional amendment would automatically restore voting rights to former felons goo.gl/HXidSH
Posted: January 22, 2016
America Votes is the coordination hub of the progressive community. We lead collaborative efforts among a diverse coalition of over 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, win elections, and protect every American’s right to vote. Our organization works nationally and in more than 20 states to provide a range of services to our partners, including strategic planning, advocacy and electoral campaign coordination, data tools and targeting services, and on-the-ground leadership in key states. For more information about America Votes, visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
America Votes is seeking an experienced program director for their Colorado operations. The Program Director will work directly with the State Director, Data Manager, and partner organizations to develop and implement voter engagement and advocacy programs in order to achieve outcomes as defined by the coalition. This position reports to the Colorado State Director.
- Organizational assistance – support coalition partners through the development and execution of plans, providing technical and data assistance and respond to program requests.
- Support coalition coordination by tracking organizational programs, monitoring benchmarks, and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Organize and facilitate programs including table coordination with the State Director and Data Manager.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance contact programs. This includes assisting partners in employing best practices.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-4 years of experience in labor, non-profit or community organizing and political campaigns preferred.Field organizing experience required. Experience working with underrepresented and/or diverse communities preferred.
- Experience facilitating coalitions and knowledge of the political landscape in Colorado required.
- Ability to travel throughout the state as necessary.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours and to travel as needed.
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills required and familiarity with online electoral tools such as Catalist is a plus.
- Spanish language skills a plus
Salary is competitive and negotiable. Dynamic benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a 401K.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CO Program Director” in the subject line.
America Votes is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer.
ICYMI: #TX attempting to enforce voter ID law that federal courts struck down as discriminating against minorities https://t.co/PRvSKFMLpK